Again, I tried something different for dinner. Creamy sauce with cheese is always my favourite and other than having it as a soup, combining it with spiral pasta is just perfect!
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups uncooked rainbow spiral pasta
- 2 cups frozen broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves Chilli sprinkle for hot taste!
- 4 1/2 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook spiral pasta or similar pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine sour cream and flour; blend well. Stir in milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until hot but not boiling. Stir in chicken, basil, mushrooms and 3 tablespoons of the cheese. Cook until heated through. Drain pasta and broccoli; return to saucepan. Add chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Place pasta mixture in a serving dish and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, and pass the Parmesan cheese at the table.