August 12, 2011
30 hari mencari cinta III: Spaghetti with spicy meatballs and rucola.
- 200g ground beef
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley and fresh coriander
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 1 teaspoon garlic chilli, curry and paprika powder
- 1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled 1 can tomatopuree
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 bay leaf
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
3/4 1 teaspoon dried basil in olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- optional: Carrot, celery, mushroom, fresh tomatoes (all chopped and cooked. Then, after it is cooked, blend it using hand blender to get the smooth consistency)
SPAGHETTI AND RUCOLA
Spaghetti were cooked, and finally rucola was added in the drained spaghetti.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef,
bread crumbs, parsley, coriander, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, chilli, curry, paprika powder garlic powder and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 10 balls. Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed. Then heat the cooking oil on a pan, and fried the meatball until brown. After that, baked the meatballs in in the pre-heated oven, at gas no 5/ 180 dgrees for 15 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf. Add optional vegetables if you like, after it is cooked blend it until sooth. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 90 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, basil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and meatballs and simmer 30 minutes more. Serve.
p/s; Without the optional vegetables, the consistency will be less thick. I love the thick one, good to eat all by itself as a hearty soup or to eat with spaghetti and meatballs.