- Mortality; overall and specific
- Morbidity; overall and specific, prevented
- Cure rate; treated and not treated
- transition between states; association between previous history of morbidity
2) DEFINITION BASED BY BOOK (Dohoo)
- Host attributes (Age: Very week and every 3 weeks, sex: heifer, breed: Dutch Black and white)
- Specific outcomes (Mortality, morbidity, cure rate, transition rate : Healthy, scours, pneumonia, stomach worm, lungworm)
- Risk period: based on disease occurence (by age)
3) RISK OF IMPORTANCE
- INCIDENCE RISK (R)= CUMULATIVE INCIDENCE = SURVIVAL (1-R)= Probability that an individual animal will contract or develop a disease in a defined time period (each disease will have risk period)
- INCIDENCE RATE (I)=INCIDENCE DENSITY=HAZARD RATE=Number of new cases of disease in a population per unit of animal-time during a given time period.
4) PAPERS TO BE USED
- Treatment for drugs/anthelmintics/prevention & cure
- Relationship between diseases
- Holland, Europe, US
5) FORMULA OF INCIDENCE RISK & FORMULA TO CHANGE TO INCIDENCE RISK
- Risk of disease: number of new cases of diseased in a defined time period
- Population at risk (open&close, Prevalence(at that point))
- Rate to risk
- survival to risk
- hazard to rate to risk
- overall risk to specified risk
- First case risk
- multiple to 1 disease risk
- previous disease to disease of interest
- collapse of clinical signs (but different history: age, mgm, nutrition)
I already have a growth curve by Koenen and Groen.
But I need to establish the effect of diseases on growth. I have to identify papers written related to growth in diseased condition. Surely I will find normal growth, but it is difficult.
Anyway, I am having headache because of the introduction now…
hmm shall I start with methods?